This agreement commenced in 2023. It is a three-year agreement (2023-2025).
Read access is provided to over 70 scholarly journals, including the renowned Journal of Physics series, back to 1874. Eligible authors at participating SANLiC member institutions are afforded the opportunity to publish their articles on an open access basis in IOPP’s hybrid and gold open access journals without paying article processing charges (APCs). Note that a small number of society journals levy page charges.
- Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
- North-West University
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University
- Stellenbosch University
- Tshwane University of Technology
- University of Botswana
- University of Cape Town
- University of Johannesburg
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of Limpopo
- University of South Africa
- University of the Western Cape
- University of the Witwatersrand
Number of included articles
There is no limit on the number of articles that can be published open access.
There are a few titles where the IOP is contractually prevented from offering open access publishing.