SANLiC 2019 Conference
The SANLiC 2019 Conference will take place at the new conference centre at the Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge, from Tuesday 25 to Thursday 27 June 2019. A pre-conference e-resource training workshop will be held on Monday, 24 June. The conference will end with lunch on Thursday 27 June.
Every second year, SANLiC hosts a member conference primarily for South African e-resource librarians. It is the ideal opportunity for e-resource librarians, library directors and librarians in general to gather, share, learn about latest developments in the field, recharge and have loads of fun.
Our conferences have been increasing in size and improving in content each year because we utilise the feedback received and solicit input from potential delegates and members to make it a positive and fruitful experience for all attendees. Feedback from delegates and exhibitors at the #SANLiC2017 conference indicated that:
- Expectations were met for 95% of the delegates;
- Speaker feedback – Excellent (54%) and Good (46%);
- Content feedback – Excellent (57%), Good (42%) and Average (1%);
- Exhibition and exhibition area feedback – Excellent (40%), Good (56%) and Average (3.5%);
- Opportunity to network – Excellent (48%), Good (49%) and Average (2%).
We anticipate that the #SANLiC2019 will be an equally successful conference experience and will include:
- An e-resource training pre-conference workshop
- Top quality, relevant presentations
- Opportunities to present and share findings and experiences
- Engagement with publishers and other vendors
– Vendor Presentations
– Two storey exhibition hall
- Entertainment and Fun including
– Exhibitor’s cocktail dinner
– Gala Dinner
- Networking and loads of fun
Registration, with early bird options (up to 10 May 2019) and special conference accommodation rates is now open online.