This agreement commenced in 2023. It is a three-year agreement (2023-2025).
Institutions participating in the agreement have access to over 2,360 subscription-based journals in the Springer, Adis, Nature Academic and Palgrave Macmillan collections and affiliated authors can publish their articles open access in the hybrid titles without paying article processing charges (APCs). Nature Research journals and all fully open access journals are, however, excluded.
Read more about this agreement here.
- Agricultural Research Council
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
- Durban University of Technology
- Human Sciences Research Council
- Nelson Mandela University
- North-West University
- Rhodes University
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University
- South African Medical Research Council
- Stellenbosch University
- Tshwane University of Technology
- University of Botswana
- University of Cape Town
- University of Fort Hare
- University of Johannesburg
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of Limpopo
- University of Namibia
- University of Pretoria
- University of South Africa
- University of the Free State
- University of the Western Cape
- University of the Witwatersrand
- University of Venda
- University of Zululand
- Vaal University of Technology
- Walter Sisulu University
Number of included articles
There is a cap on the number of articles that can be published by authors affiliated with participating institutions. For the three years of the agreement the article entitlements are:
- 2023: 938 articles
- 2024: 957 articles
- 2025: 976 articles
Note that there is a 10% “corridor” allowance for each year (this means that affiliated authors can publish up to 10% more than the capped allowance in each year).
The entitlements are shared across the consortium and are allocated on a first come, first served basis.